The year is gradually wrapping up as fall prepares to hand the baton to winter. Everyone’s on the move to achieve goals and set new ones for the coming year, and this could be the best time to make plans for your long-awaited move. The good news is that demand for movers usually slows down during this time frame, and rates could be on the low.
There’s no better feeling than starting the year in your new home, especially here in Vancouver. It’s going to mark such a memorable day; no doubt, it’s a great way to spark change for the New Year.
If you’ve made up your mind for a move to your new dig as a New Year resolution, that’s a good idea. But first, you need to consider the best moving company to help with a smooth new year move.
With the increasing number of moving services within and around Vancouver, it could be overwhelming when looking for reputable movers for your New Year move.
Here, we’d help you with tips to guide you right.
Let’s get started!
A successful track record
A reliable mover provides timely response, fair rates, and maintains good condition of possessions. When preparing your move for the coming year, stick with the movers that have proven their competency over time unless you have a couple of really glowing recommendations about a new one.
Choose a moving company that is licensed and probably belong to the Canadian Association of Movers (CAM). Such companies usually meet up specific requirements to be able to be registered in these associations, with which they can provide you with a guarantee.
Also, ensure that the company you choose is subject to consumer arbitration.
Reputable moving companies will not give you a set estimate over the phone. Instead, they can provide you with a general idea of how much you’ll be spending. However, you can ask if there are extra charges and what could constitute such. Move on to some other company if the current one isn’t forthcoming with information.
However, don’t consider price alone when choosing a moving company. It is essential to look at the services offered for that price when choosing a moving service.
The best movers comprise trained moving professionals who provide friendly services.
Distance and Area Covered
No matter what type of moving service you need, whether the long-distance move, Full-Service Moving, or DIY Moving, residential movers will provide you with their service options. Choose the one that suits your needs.
Good Reviews from other customers
People generally leave reviews if they’ve had a really bad or a really good experience, and both of those are important to know before you hire a moving company. Great movers provide a one of a kind moving experience.
A reputable moving service adheres to high standards and provides high-quality service to each and every one of their customers.
Regardless of whether you’re moving within Vancouver, going across the state or across the country, here are smart tips that will help you move in style;
Research Movers Long Before You Have To Hire One
You need to do your research well in advance, especially if you’re planning to hire a long-distance moving company. To do this, you need to;
- Make a list of all the moving companies you’ve probably found online, those you’ve heard of, or the ones your friends have used and recommended to you.
- Take your time to review their services, mode of operation, the areas they cover, pricing, and more.
- Narrow the list down to those companies that best suit your needs, send each of them a note, an email or give them a call.
Start Packing Early
If you’re planning to resume the New Year in your new home, you need to start packing as early as possible. Packing about six weeks before the end of the year will ensure that you’re moving goes smoothly.
Write out a schedule
Be sure to create a schedule for the month before you start your big move. You can do this by writing out the days you should start packing, days to purchase moving materials, the days you should confirm with your proposed mover, days to forward your mail or contact them, fixed day to move, and more.
Ask For Help
Moving can be daunting, especially when you want to do it on your own. This is why it is essential to ask for help from friends and family.
To save yourself the stress and strife of looking for your items when you get to your new home, take a sharpie to every box you pack.
Leave space for relaxation
Even in the midst of your move, there should be enough time for you to enjoy a nourishing dinner or catch a favorite show with your family. You don’t have to get worn out!
Other things to do when preparing for the end of the year move
- If you have children or pets at home, make sure someone takes care of them or help them get involved, so they see the move as a good thing.
- Prepare a list of what you’re going to take, and sort them out in different boxes, if possible.
- Segregate and discard those items you don’t need or use so that you don’t have so many boxes to take to the new home.
- You need to inform your family and friends about your proposed move and the new address to avoid issues when sending their Christmas and New Year gifts.
- Prepare a box with all the Christmas goodies and take them to your new home.
- Start on time to pack the tablecloth, cutlery, and other decorations, so you won’t forget them when moving to your new dig.
- If you are going to hire a moving company to help you in your end of the year move, then you need to do so well before the date.
- Most importantly, you need to set a deadline for moving to make sure it goes smoothly.