Healthy teeth and gums make it easier for you to live a healthier and better life.
1. Brush your teeth twice a day.
Whether by manual or electric, make sure to brush your teeth in the morning and at night before going to bed.
Fun facts about brushing your teeth:
- Humans use four different types of teeth (incisors, canine, premolars, and molars) to cut, tear and grind their food.
- An average person spends 38.5 days brushing their teeth over their lifetime.
- Our body organs are intertwined system and as a result the recent scientific research has shown that several chronic inflammatory diseases, namely cardiovascular disease, diabetes, osteoporosis, inflammatory bowl disease, and osteoarthritis, are linked to your oral health.
2. Clean between your teeth with floss.
Flossing between your teeth, where your toothbrush might not be able to reach. Just brushing will not remove the plague and particles of food that are hiding between your teeth.
Make sure to rinse after flossing.
Facts about flossing your teeth:
- Flossing removes food debris and plaque (biofilm)
- You need to use between 18 and 20 inches of floss, in order to floss properly.
- Brushing only cleans about 70% of the surface area.
Live a healthier life by maintaining a good and consistent oral hygiene on a daily basis.
Come visit us today for a consultation at our dental clinic in Stittsville, our staff will always make you feel at home.
THDCC – Stittsville Dentist