You may not know how to share Wi-Fi on Android using USB tethering since the most well-known method for share internet between your phone and another gadget is through a mobile hotspot. Anyway in the event that your PC or other gadget can’t involve Wi-Fi for whatever reason, or you’re likewise plugging in your Android to charge it or transfer data, then, at that point, it’s an optimal opportunity to figure out how to share internet to a humble USB cable.
Terrible news on the off chance that you’re a Mac client – this strategy won’t work, despite the fact that you can in any case use a regular mobile hotspot of interest from an Android gadget obviously. Yet, in the event that you’re a Windows gadget client, this is the way you can share your Android gadget’s mobile connection through the power of USB tethering.
How to share Wi-Fi on Android using USB tethering
- Plug your Android gadget into the gadget you want to share Wi-Fi to through a USB cable
- Enable the USB Tethering option from within your Android’s Settings app
- You ought to now have a wired internet connection showing on your second gadget
We’re showing this using a Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra with Android 12 and an Honor MagicBook running Windows 11, worry don’t as well in the event that things appear to be unique or utilize various names and wordings when you give this a shot your own gadgets with various versions of the operating system.
- Get your gadgets, and connect them through USB link. This will probably be a USB-A to USB-C cable however use anything you want in view of the ports accessible on your laptop and gadget.
- On your Android gadget, go into the Settings app and search for an option named USB tethering. You might find this in a menu named Network and Internet or Connections. You may likewise find the USB tethering within the USB Settings that pop up when you plug in your phone.
2b. On certain phones, you could have access to a shortcut to this setting. Swipe down from the top of the screen to get to the Quick Settings bubbles, and search for one named Wi-Fi Hotspot or comparative. Tap and hold it to go to the relevant part of the Settings application. On the off chance that you don’t find the USB tethering setting, then utilize the past move toward search for it.
- Turn on the USB tethering setting. Simply tap the slider to activate it. In the event that all that’s functioning as expected, you’ll find your other gadget currently says it has a wired/Ethernet internet connection.
As consistently with using mobile hotspots, ensure the gadget giving the internet has a lot of information in excess on your cell plan, and to switch off the USB tether when you’re not using it. It’s not difficult to use a bigger number of information than you expect while you’re browsing on an alternate gadget, take it from us!